Gershwin Jazz (Jazz & Tzaz 69)
Codec: Flac | Compression Level: 5 | Quality: High | CD-rip by alekow (EAC and Flac)
Covers Included (400dpi) | Releaed: 1998 | Label: Polygram (Greece) | Size: 307mb
Host: Uploaded toGeorge Gershwin (September 26, 1898 – July 11, 1937) was an American composer and pianist. Gershwin's compositions spanned both popular and classical genres, and his most popular melodies are widely known. Among his best known works are the orchestral compositions Rhapsody in Blue (1924) and An American in Paris (1928), as well as the opera, Porgy and Bess (1935).
He wrote most of his vocal and theatrical works, including more than a dozen Broadway shows, in collaboration with his elder brother, lyricist Ira Gershwin.
George Gershwin composed music for both Broadway and the classical concert hall, as well as popular songs that brought his work to an even wider public. His compositions have been used in numerous films and on television, and many became jazz standards recorded in numerous variations. Countless singers and musicians have recorded Gershwin songs. (wikipedia.org)
01. Slim Gaillard - Oh, Lady Be Good
02. Lee Konitz, Jimmy Giuffre - Someone To Watch Over Me
03. Billie Holiday - They Can't Take That Away From Me
04. Ben Webster - Love Is Here To Stay
05. Oscar Peterson - Liza (All The Clouds 'll Roll Away)
06. Clifford Brown - Embraceable You
07. Lester Young - The Man I Love
08. Charlie Parker - I Can't Get Started
09. Joe Williams - Embraceable You
10. Coleman Hawkins - Somebody Loves Me
11. Kenny Burrell - Excerpt From 'Prelude No. 2'
12. Chico O'Farrill - It Ain't Necessarily So
13. Stan Getz - Summertime
14. Bill Evans - My Man's Gone Now
15. Shirley Horn - I Loves You Porgy / Here Comes De Honey Man